Council PTSA - How Do We Fit In?
Northshore School District
Our 30 Local PTAs
Northshore Council PTSA | Region 6 | WSPTA | National PTA
(the above are all clickable links)
Northshore Council is the PTSA that oversees the 30 local PTA Northshore School District. We are here to strengthen PTAs, develop leadership, promote membership and give service to the local school community.
Council is a key link in the line of communication between the local PTAs, the Region 6 (there are 13 Regions in WA State), WA State PTA and the National PTA. Council contributes to a stronger, more effective organization by providing information, inspiration and instruction for its member units.
Councils serve the entire area, not just a portion of it, by helping PTA's focus on what they need to pay attention to and when, by training officers as they come into their positions, and by collaborating with the school district.
Northshore Council can assist your local unit in so many ways
Click here to reach to any Council officer to answer questions, get more information and be inspired!
How does Northshore Council do our job?
The best way we can do our job is to hear from local units. We want to share your wins, provide advice on your struggles, train you and share information about what is working for other local units. You can help us by speaking up and showing up!
- Hold great general meetings with informative speakers
- Do a needs assessment survey from local units - your opinion matters!
- Provide each local unit with an Area Vice President to connect with your local unit
- Host regular free trainings in Northshore
- Promote Trainings from Region 6, surrounding Regions and WA State PTA
- Train/mentor future leaders
- Hold face-to-face meetings with local units
- Provide an informative and update to website and Facebook
- Attend your local unit meetings
- Actively seek out new leaders.
- Attend School Board Meetings to provide reports on what is happening with PTA
- Regularly meet and partner with Northshore School District to understand changes in the district
- Participate in Community events