Council Recognition Awards
There are so many ways to recognize and thank your volunteers! One such way is by giving them an award! The Washington State PTA awards listed below recognize individuals, or organizations, for their efforts and accomplishments in promoting the well-being and education of children in the state of Washington. Every year, Northshore Council PTSA asks for nominations of community members deserving recognition and we will celebrate them at our May General Membership meeting.
Please take a few minutes and nominate someone you feel has made an impact and a difference in your community!!!
The awards listed below (excluding Golden Acorn) will be presented at our Northshore Council PTSA Spring Recognition Event in early June. Northshore Council PTSA purchases the awards from WSPTA and a donation of $48 (out of the $50 cost of each award) goes directly to the WSPTA Scholarship Program.
To nominate, you can either fill out the online nomination form or email Jane Chiodo with the following information:
- Name of Nominee: Who are you nominating? Are they a community member? Are they a PTA member? If so, which PTA? Do they work for an organization or for the school district?
- Which award?**: Select an award from the list below that best represents your nominee.
- Nominee's qualifications: What have they done to go above and beyond, and why? How have they made a difference to PTA, the community and/or children/families? This is an explanation as to why you think they should be honored. Please give as much detail as possible in your nomination.
- Nominated by: Who are you? If you have a title (ie President of XYZ PTA), let us know. If you don't want to share who you are, that's totally okay! You can just write "An engaged community member."
**Note: It is okay if you are unsure what award to nominate someone for. The committee will evaluate all submissions whether you designate an award or not.
Nominations due by May 1, 2020!
- Outstanding Educator – individuals who go beyond the normal expectations of their jobs to make the learning environment fun, beneficial and challenging.
- Outstanding Advocate – Honors individuals for their continued and dedicated service to ALL children demonstrating a commitment to speaking up for children in the areas relating to health, welfare, safety, and education of children and youth.
- Outstanding Service - this is the highest volunteer award given by the Washington State PTA. It is awarded to someone who has gone beyond his or her own school community, job, or PTA in order to give dedicated volunteer service to children.
- Honorary Life Membership – Recognizes an individual who has contributed significantly to a PTA at the local unit, council, or state level. This special award can be given by a PTA unit, council, or region.
- Outstanding Student Advocate Award - recognizes students who have made significant contributions through leadership and service in their school and community.
- Golden Acorn – A Golden Acorn Award is presented to a school or community volunteer in recognition of their dedication and service to children and youth.
To learn more about the WSPTA Volunteer Recognition awards visit this link. To order awards for your PTA's exceptional volunteers, visit the WSPTA Online Store.