The Washington State PTA Standards of Affiliation Agreement Checklist 2021-2022 requires that local PTAs and councils: "Satisfy the annual training requirement (at least one elected officer attend PTA and the Law, and all other elected officers attend at least one WSPTA-approved training before this year’s WSPTA convention). Maintain documentation showing each elected officer satisfied the annual training requirement."
Training is what helps to give our local PTAs credibility and is part of the Standards of Affiliation requirement. A well-trained and informed board should be a great selling point to encourage the community to join a local PTA. Trained board members should be proud of stepping up to the responsibility in their local PTA. Training is free and you may take it anywhere in any PTA Region.
Upcoming Training Opportunities, 2021-2022:
- Planning Your PTA's Fall Membership Drive (hosted by WSPTA) | August 23, 2021 @ 6pm | Online
- memberplanet Training | September 9, 2021 @ 7pm | Online
- Autumn Leadership Launch (A.L.L.) (hosted by WSPTA) | September 16-18, 2021 | Online
- Reflections Training (hosted by Everett Council PTSA) | September 29, 2021 @ 7:30pm | Online
- Regions 1 & 6 Fall Leadership Training | October 6-9, 2021 | Online
- Reflections Training (hosted by WSPTA) | October 26, 2021 | Online
- Nominating Committee Webinar (hosted by WSPTA) | November 3, 2021 @ 12pm | Online
Additional Training Options:
- Region Trainings and Conferences (Northshore Council is part of Region 6, but we are close to Region 7 - Everett and Region 2 - Bellevue).
- Northshore Council Meetings in the Spring and Fall
- WSPTA Webinars - some pre-recorded webinars are available on the WSPTA website (note: login/password required) and be on the lookout for interactive webinar events that occur throughout the year.
- National PTA E-learning with Region Director approval
- Washington State PTA Convention - classes taken at the May 2021 WSPTA Convention count toward 2021-2022 training requirement. Classes taken at the May 2022 Convention count toward 2022-2021 training requirement.
Are there specific training topics that your PTA needs or is interested in exploring??? We can bring training to your board! Let us know!
- Training Flyer from WSPTA - Fulfilling the Training Bylaw Requirement
- Events & Training Calendar from WSPTA - get more details on training events/conference/classes
Commonly Asked Training Questions
- You may attend any Region's training classes, not just the Region you reside in
- Classes at the Spring WSPTA Convention in the spring count towards the training requirement for the PTA year following Convention
- Region conferences and PTA & the Law offerings are FREE
- If you are a member of the executive committee of two or more PTAs, a training class taken will apply to all positions held
- The training requirement applies to you if you hold an elected position that is voted on by the general membership in your local unit