Washington State PTA Bylaw Article 5, Section 2(a)(5) states: "During the PTA year, at least one (1) member of the executive committee attend PTA and the Law, and all other elected executive committee members attend at least one (1) training which could include, but not be limited to, WSPTA Region Conferences, PTA and the Law, WSPTA Leadership Conference, WSPTA Legislative Assembly, WSPTA Emerging Minority Leaders Conference, training provided by a region service delivery team member, or other training options approved by the WSPTA Executive Committee."
Training is what helps to give our local PTAs credibility and is part of the Standards of Affiliation requirement. A well-trained and informed board should be a great selling point to encourage the community to join a local PTA. Trained board members should be proud of stepping up to the responsibility in their local PTA. Training is free and you may take it anywhere in any PTA Region.
Questions/Not Sure - ask the Region 6 Director - Sherry Rudolph at firstname.lastname@example.org
WSPTA Training include but are not limited to:
Visit WSPTA Events page for more details.
(list will be updated throughout the year as additional opportunities arise)
- Training Flyer from WSPTA - Fulfilling the Training Bylaw Requirement
- Events & Training Calendar from WSPTA - get more details on training events/conference/classes
Commonly Asked Training Questions
- You may attend any Region's training classes, not just the Region you reside in
- Classes at the Spring WSPTA Convention in the spring count towards the PTA year following Convention
- Region conferences and PTA & the Law offerings are FREE
- If you are a member of the executive committee of two or more PTAs, a training class taken will apply to all positions held
- The training requirement applies to you if you hold an elected position that is voted on by the general membership in your local unit