This page has been archived and is no longer up-to-date.
The Washington State PTA Standards of Affiliation Agreement Checklist 2020-2021 requires that local PTAs and councils: "Satisfy the annual training requirement (at least one elected officer attend PTA and the Law, and all other elected officers attend at least one WSPTA-approved training before this year’s WSPTA convention). Maintain documentation showing each elected officer satisfied the annual training requirement."
Training is what helps to give our local PTAs credibility and is part of the Standards of Affiliation requirement. A well-trained and informed board should be a great selling point to encourage the community to join a local PTA. Trained board members should be proud of stepping up to the responsibility in their local PTA. Training is free and you may take it anywhere in any PTA Region.
Upcoming Training Opportunities, 2020-21:
- Region 6 Fall Conference (inlc. PTA & the Law) | August 24-29, 2020 | Online
- PTA & the Law and Roles & Responsibilities of the Board (hosted by Region 11) | August 31, 2020 | Online
- PTA & the Law and Managing Your Nonprofit (hosted by Region 5) | September 12, 2020 | Online
- Region 2 Fall Conference | September 23-24, 2020 | Online
- PTA Managing Your Non Profit | October 14, 2020 @ 7pm | Online
- PTA Managing Your Non Profit | October 28, 2020 @ 7pm | Online
- Building Your Communications Plan | November 10, 2020 @ 6pm | Online
- Using Digital Tools to Communicate with Your Members | November 12, 2020 @ 6pm | Online
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Board (hosted by Regions 3 and 4) | December 1, 2020 @ 7pm | Online
- Goal Setting (hosted by Region 11) | December 7, 2020 @ 6pm | Online
- Nominating Committee Training (hosted by Region 6) | January 7, 2021 @ 7pm | Online
- Protect Your PTA (hosted by Region 2) | January 20, 2021 @ 7pm | Online
- Managing Your Non-Profit (hosted by Region 10) | January 27, 2021 @ 6pm | Online
- Budget Committee Training (hosted by Region 6) | February 8, 2021 @ 7pm | Online
- Nominating Committee & Filling Spots on Your Board (hosted by Regions 7, 8, & 15) | February 11, 2021 @ 6:30pm | Online
- Nominating Committee (hosted by WSPTA) | February 25, 2021 @ 7pm | Online
- Finding Volunteers and Keeping Them (hosted by Regions 7, 8, & 15) | March 4, 2021 @ 6:30pm | Online
- Effective Budgets & Financial Strategies (hosted by Regions 3 & 4) | April 1, 2021 @ 7pm | Online
- Board Retreats Training (hosted by WSPTA) | June 29, 2021 @ 7pm | Online
2021 PTA & The Law Webinars:
Additional Training Options:
- Region Trainings and Conferences (Northshore Council is part of Region 6, but we are close to Region 7 - Everett and Region 2 - Bellevue).
- Northshore Council Meetings in the Spring and Fall
- WSPTA Webinars - some pre-recorded webinars are available on the WSPTA website (note: login/password required) and be on the lookout for interactive webinar events that occur throughout the year.
- National PTA E-learning with Region Director approval
- Washington State PTA Convention - classes taken at the May 2020 WSPTA Convention (online) count toward 2020-2021 training requirement. Classes taken at the May 2021 Convention (Lynnwood, WA) count toward 2021-2022 training requirement.
Are there specific training topics that your PTA needs or is interested in exploring??? We can bring training to your board! Let us know!
- Training Flyer from WSPTA - Fulfilling the Training Bylaw Requirement
- Events & Training Calendar from WSPTA - get more details on training events/conference/classes
Commonly Asked Training Questions
- You may attend any Region's training classes, not just the Region you reside in
- Classes at the Spring WSPTA Convention in the spring count towards the training requirement for the PTA year following Convention
- Region conferences and PTA & the Law offerings are FREE
- If you are a member of the executive committee of two or more PTAs, a training class taken will apply to all positions held
- The training requirement applies to you if you hold an elected position that is voted on by the general membership in your local unit