Northshore Council PTSA is seeking three (3) volunteers to serve on its 2021-2022 Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee is a special committee that holds the key to a successful PTSA. It is responsible for presenting the best qualified candidates to serve as the elected officers who will lead Northshore Council PTSA in 2021-2022.
Effective candidates for nominating committee:
• Are familiar with the needs and goals of Northshore Council PTSA.
• Are enthusiastic about Northshore Council PTSA's mission, vision, and goals.
• Are willing to work and devote considerable time to furthering the purposes and programs of Northshore Council PTSA.
• Possess tact, integrity, discretion, and the ability to hold their own counsel.
• Have the courage to express their ideas and defend their convictions
• Demonstrate sound judgment and skill in evaluating potential nominees.
• Are capable of understanding and maintaining complete confidentiality.
• Represent the diversity that is present in the community and student population.
• Should be elected on merit and ability – never on popularity.
Members of the nominating committee are eligible to become nominees for elected office. No person may serve on this committee for more than two consecutive one-year terms. A candidate for a council nominating committee must be a member of a local PTA/PTSA in the council for at least 15 days preceding their election.
If you are interested in serving on Northshore Council PTSA’s 2021-2022 Nominating Committee, please contact Jane Chiodo by Friday, November 5th.
Please note: You do not need to be a Northshore Council PTSA Officer to be on the Nominating Committee. We encourage any interested and qualified Northshore PTA/PTSA member to volunteer for this vital role that will help shape the future of Northshore Council PTSA!