Effective candidates for nominating committee:
• Are familiar with the needs and goals of Northshore Council PTSA.
• Are enthusiastic about Northshore Council PTSA's mission, vision, and goals.
• Are willing to work and devote considerable time to furthering the purposes and programs of Northshore Council PTSA.
• Possess tact, integrity, discretion, and the ability to hold their own counsel.
• Have the courage to express their ideas and defend their convictions
• Demonstrate sound judgment and skill in evaluating potential nominees.
• Are capable of understanding and maintaining complete confidentiality.
• Represent the diversity that is present in the community and student population.
• Should be elected on merit and ability – never on popularity.
Members of the nominating committee are eligible to become nominees for elected office. No person may serve on this committee for more than two consecutive one-year terms. A candidate for a council nominating committee must be a member of a local PTA/PTSA in the council for at least 15 days preceding their election.
The election of the nominating committee will take place at our January 19th membership meeting. Details for that meeting will be published at a later date.
Please note: You do not need to be a Northshore Council PTSA Officer to be on the Nominating Committee. We encourage any interested and qualified Northshore PTA/PTSA member to volunteer for this vital role that will help shape the future of Northshore Council PTSA!