Help us plan for our future! Northshore Council PTSA is seeking three (3) volunteers to serve on its 2020-21 Nominating Committee. The Nominating Committee is a special committee that holds the key to a successful PTSA. It is responsible for presenting the best qualified candidates to serve as the elected officers who will lead Northshore Council PTSA in 2021-22.
Effective candidates for nominating committee:
• Are familiar with the needs and goals of Northshore Council PTSA.
• Are enthusiastic about the mission, vision, and goals of Northshore Council PTSA.
• Are willing to work and devote considerable time to furthering the purposes and programs of Northshore Council PTSA.
• Possess tact, integrity, discretion, and the ability to hold their own counsel.
• Have the courage to express their ideas and defend their convictions
• Demonstrate sound judgment and skill in evaluating potential nominees.
• Are capable of understanding and maintaining complete confidentiality.
• Represent the diversity that is present in the community and student population.
• Should be elected on merit and ability – never on popularity.
Members of the nominating committee are eligible to become nominees for elected office. No person may serve on this committee for more than two consecutive one-year terms. A candidate for the local PTA nominating committee must be a member of the local PTA for at least 15 days preceding their election. For a council nominating committee, the candidate must be a member of a local PTA in the council for at least 15 days preceding their election.
If you are interested in serving on Northshore Council PTSA’s 2020-21 Nominating Committee, please contact Robin Zaback by Friday, October 30th.
First Notice of Election:
Due to public meeting limitations, 2020-21 Nominating Committee elections will be taking place electronically. We are currently accepting self-nominations for the three Nominating Committee positions now through Friday, October 30th. Interested candidates can self-nominate by emailing Robin Zaback. If there are only three candidates, elections will be held at the November 16th General Meeting via Zoom. If there are more than three candidates, election will be conducted by electronic ballot and detailed information will be available within the second notice of election on November 1.