The 2022-2023 school year is underway and Northshore Council PTSA leaders are looking forward to another amazing year or PTA! We would like to start this year off by introducing you to Council’s President: Rachel Fitzgerald.
A little bit about me:
My name is Rachel Fitzgerald. I've got 3 kiddos; a 7th grader at Leota Middle School, a 9th grader at Innovation Lab High School, and my oldest who graduated in 2022 from Woodinville High School. I have been an active volunteer at my local schools since my oldest started Kindergarten and this will be my 7th year serving in a leadership role on a PTA. I am honored to be returning for my 2nd year as Council President. Previously, I have served as Council’s VP of Communications as well as president for both my local elementary, middle school, and even the high school music boosters. I am excited and look forward to continuing to support our local leaders and serving the NSD community this year!
Council leaders know first-hand how many curveballs were thrown our way – as community leaders and as parents – over the last few years. And we have continually been amazed at our local leaders for overcoming obstacles, creating community, supporting students and schools, and showing everyone exactly what it means to be #PTAFlexible. We know this year will continue to show growth among our PTA membership and the programs and supports Northshore PTAs provide for their communities.
We also know that it’s not always easy to do it alone. Which is why we want to let you know that Council is always here for you. Our mission as your Northshore PTSA Council is to support the work you do at the local PTA level. We have many resources that can help you navigate the day-to-day PTA work, as well as the unexpected, including:
• Many position specific Facebook groups for Northshore PTA leaders to make connections and ask questions;
• Office Hours & Roundtables so that we can share and learn from one another;
• A bi-weekly newsletter, website, Facebook, and Instagram to help keep you informed;
• Trainings so you can learn how to run your non-profit and become a stronger PTA leader;
• Meetings to share information and connect you with district and community leaders;
• Grants to support your PTA’s next educational speaker or community event; and, of course;
• Personalized, one-on-one support - we’re just an email or zoom meeting away!
Our 2023-2024 Council team is ready to help you continue to do amazing things for our students, families, schools, and communities.
Wishing you a fantastic school year!
President, Northshore Council PTSA 6.10